Carnival rides, concerts, cotton candy, and more! The Alameda County Fair is one of the most anticipated festivals in the Bay Area, and this year’s fair promises to make it the Best. Summer. Ever.
The Alameda County Fair is just one spectacular summer event that you will find in Livermore Valley. If you are looking for more reasons to celebrate in the Bay Area, download our free Livermore Valley Vacation Guide! Our guide includes over 100 recommendations on the best events, celebrations, and things to do in the area!
The Best Things to Do at The Alameda County Fair
Alameda County Fair Concerts
The Fair features an array of concerts, all starting at 8:00 p.m. You will hear everything from pop, to country, to R&B, and more. Reserved seating options for headline shows are available, but all concerts are free with admission. The Alameda County Fair 2018 concerts will include performances by Sean Kingston, En Vogue, Smash Mouth, Sir Mix-a-Lot, Leeann Rimes, and more!
Deep Fried Everything
No trip to the county fair would be complete without carnival food! You will find everything at the Alameda County Fair from elephant ears, to candy-covered apples, to deep fried corn dogs and beyond. Don’t miss Snackdown Fryday! During this competition, the fair’s amazing food vendors offer up their most outrageous new creations and compete for the prized championship belt! The Alameda County Fair 2018 offerings promise donut gelato sandwiches, deep fried mac and cheese, and more!
Racing, Events, & Contests
You will find plenty of daily contests, races, and events at The Alameda County Fair. From horse races to cattle drives, to wine contests and beyond! However, the Derby Dog Dash is one of our favorite events. Watch pint-size pooches live out their racehorse dreams at this paws-itively adorable contest! Other popular events include the Red, White, & Brew Contest, the Sip, Savor, & Wagner Wine Festival, and the Hippity Hop contests!
A fair wouldn’t be complete without a carnival midway! Here are a few classic rides you’ll find:
- Super Shot Drop Tower: A 12-passenger, 90-foot accelerated freefall!
- Big Top: A circus-themed funhouse with a beautiful color changing LED light show.
- The Grand Carousel: For decades, audiences have been awed by the beautifully handcrafted carousel. To witness The Grand Carousel is to see this piece of Americana in all its glory.
- Dates: The Alameda County Fair 2018 dates are on Friday, June 15, and run through Sunday, July 8. Each week, the fair will run from Wednesday to Sunday, and will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Admission: Buy your tickets online, unless you are military, then just bring your military I.D.! Military is always free with proof of service!
- Discounts: Save on tickets by checking out the Alameda County Fair discount days online!
Where to Stay
The Alameda County Fairgrounds are only 20 minutes away from the Purple Orchid Resort & Spa. After you get your dose of fun at the fair, head back to our inn for a relaxing spa treatment. While in Wine Country, only the best will do, so indulge accordingly! Check out our monthly specials to find the best ways to spoil yourself at our resort.
Book the Morning Dove Deluxe King and enjoy incredible views of our Manzanilla olive orchards and rose gardens. This room features a private living room, king sized bed, Jacuzzi tub for two, and in room breakfast option. In addition, with each night stay, all of our guests enjoy a full plated breakfast and an evening wine and olive oil hour! We are booking up quickly for the summer, so check our availability today!
Don’t forget to download your free vacation guide to find more great summer events like the Alameda County Fair!