Spa Frequently Asked Questions
What are your spa hours?
Visit our spa any day of the week!
Early or late hours available by appointment only with a 72 hour minimum notice required.
Click here for directions.
Do you offer any spa deals or specials?
Yes, we often have spa deals or special packages available, and they change monthly. Visit our Specials and Packages page for details!
Do you accept Spa Finders or Spa Week?
Yes, we do accept Spa Finders and Spa Week gift cards. We only accept up to $100.00 per person. May only be used toward services. Food, Beverage, Gratuities, Products and Tax will need to be paid with cash or a Purple Orchid Gift Certificate.
How do I schedule my spa treatment?
Click the button below to book your spa treatment, or contact the spa for reservations or questions.
Phone: 925.606.8855 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How far in advance should I book my spa treatment?
We highly recommend that guests and clients book their spa reservations as far in advance as possible to ensure the availability of services.
When should I arrive for my appointment?
30 minutes, if you’re arriving only for your facial, massage or waxing appointment. 45 minutes, if you plan to soak in our outdoor hot tubs or swim in the pool. Upon arriving your service you will need to allow time to check-in, fill out paper work, attire changes, and familiarize yourself with the spa and the gorgeous 24 acres we are nestled in. All of our spa treatments are carefully timed and will end according to the noted time on the treatment menu.
What Spa amenities are included?
The spa at the Purple Orchid includes 4 hours use of the outdoor hot tubs and pool with all spa services (swimsuits required). Also, included in your spa services; men/women locker rooms; towels; spa robes; spa slippers; showers; unlimited Tazo Tea Bar and coffee bar; nuts.
Are there any age restrictions?
Guests 18 years of age and older may receive body treatments and guests 16 years of age and older may receive facial treatments. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult in the room while the treatment is provided for the minor. Children and guests without spa appointments are not permitted in the spa.
Should I leave a tip?
In appreciation of exceptional service, gratuities are welcomed and may be given at your discretion. An 18% service charge will be added to all spa groups.
Is smoking allowed?
No, our spa is a smoke-free environment.
What about cell phones or other electronic devices?
Please refrain from bringing any type of disruptive electronic devices such as cell phones and laptops into the spa sanctuary. The spa at Purple Orchid is not responsible for lost items.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you need to cancel your reservation, we ask that you please notify the spa 24 hours prior to each individual appointment and 96 hours or four days prior to packages or group appointments. We apply a 50% cancellation fee for appointments that are not cancelled according to our policy guidelines. Same day cancellations and no-shows will result in a full value charge.
Facial services may be cancelled if you arrive with a cold sore, open lesions, recent injections (within 72 hours) and fillers. Please do not hesitate to call if you are not sure if you should arrive at the spa.
Do you offer refunds on your spa products?
Yes, we will refund any product within 15 days of purchase. Products must be unopened/unused and in original packaging. We will make exchanges for products that have been opened/used within 15 days of purchase. Additional charges may apply to the exchange.
Who can use a series?
Series are non interchangeable between customers and are intended for one guest to use for multiple visits to The Purple Orchid.
Is there an expiration date for the series?
Yes, the discounted value for the service purchased does expire one year from the date of purchase. However, the dollar value will always be available to use towards any purchase.
What are the benefits of massage therapy?
Massage therapy has been around for hundreds of years and the benefits are countless. Below are a few common benefits that the majority of guests may experience.
- Alleviates low-back pain.
- Improve range of motion and increase join flexibility.
- Alleviate discomfort during pregnancy.
- Boosts your immune system by increasing blood flow and stimulating lymphatic system.
- Stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Recover from strenous workouts or athletic events quicker-Sports massage is the best for these athletes.
- Improve the condition the skin – body’s largest organ.
- Decrease levels of depression and anxiety.
- Increase blood flow promotes tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Increase blood flow brings oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- May assist in relieving pain associated with migraines.
- Reduces pain associated with Fibromyalgia.
- Reduces insomnia.
- Relieves TMJ symptoms.
- Relieves digestive disorders.
- Relieves Paresthesias and nerve pain.
- Calms your mind, body and spirit!
What are the benefits of a facial?
Our skin is our largest organ and often times the most neglected. While each facial service is designed for a specific purpose there are some common benefits you’ll experience.
- Moisturizes the skin
- Induces relaxation
- Relieves stress
- Increases blood flow/Increases oxygen using natural ingredients
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Removes dead skin cells
- Increase collagen production/cell growth and development
- Reduce acne breakouts
- Reduces Roscea
- Leaves softer more youthful looking skin
- Teach Teens how to take care of their skin
- Slows down the oxidization process
What makes Eminence different?
Often times we wonder why a spa or salon chooses one brand of facial products over another. Below are just a few reasons why we have chosen Eminence.
- Plant based products
- Certified Organic by European Standards (60 years, soil is herbicide/pesticide free)
- Vegan Friendly Products
- Non-harmful essential oils
- Natural colors from fruits, vegetables, teas and herbs
- Made in Hungary and North America
- Hand picked products from the farm
- Uses Cocamdiopropyl Betaine derived from coconut oil instead of SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) as a non irritating cleanser
- Natural ingredients for preservatives; lemon; soy based glycine derivatives, sodum benzoate (from cranberries, salicylic acid (under 5%) from willow bark and rosemary
- Gluten Free for those who have gluten allergies or Celiac Disease