Whether you are keeping the spark alive or looking to break the ice, planning the perfect romantic outing can be nerve racking! Luckily, San Francisco offers plenty of variety. Don’t stress out about what to do on your next date, just borrow our list of 15 unique ideas and you’ll do great!
Below you will find 15 romantic San Francisco date ideas, but if you are looking for more inspiration, simply download our free Livermore Wine Country Vacation Guide! Our guide is full of recommendations on The Bay Area’s best restaurants, wineries, outdoor recreation, and things to do.
15 Ideas for Romantic Dates Near San Francisco
Adventurous & Fun Date Ideas
In a long term relationship, it is easy to fall into a routine! Keep the spark alive in your relationship and try something new with any of these fun date ideas:
- Go whale watching from the San Francisco Bay to the Pacific Ocean with San Francisco Whale Tours.
- Laugh together and enjoy a stand-up show at Cobb’s Comedy Club.
- Go ice skating or bowling at Yerba Buena Ice Skating & Bowling Center.
- Get competitive with a scavenger hunt of the city with San Francisco Treasure Hunts.
- Take a chocolate factory tour and order a brownie flight at Dandelion Chocolate.
Relaxing Date Ideas
If you are looking for a way to break the ice, sometimes a relaxing date does just the trick! Don’t think twice, it will be all right. Take it easy with any of these date ideas:
- Enjoy a sunset cruise on the bay with San Francisco Bay Twilight and Sunset Cruises.
- Explore the wineries of San Francisco and the Bay Area with A Taste of San Francisco & Beyond.
- Take a walking food tour of the city with Sidewalk Food Tours of San Francisco.
- Admire the beautiful artwork at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- Paint your own masterpiece and sip wine together at Beyond Canvas.
Free & Affordable Date Ideas
The beauty of San Francisco is that you never need to spend a lot of money to have fun! If you are looking for some affordable dates, here are some great options:
- Pack lunch and have a picnic on Billy Goat Hill, a small park full of greenery, walking trails, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Explore over 55 acres of beautiful gardens and landscapes at San Francisco Botanical Garden in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park.
- Enjoy a free movie under the stars during the summer at Film Night in the Park.
- Rent bikes at Swell Bicycles and take ride down the sandy shores of Ocean Beach.
- Take a hike around Lands End, a coastal park replete with shipwrecks and rocky beaches.
Plan a Romantic Bay Area Getaway
The Purple Orchid Resort & Spa is just an hour outside of San Francisco in the heart of Livermore Wine Country. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary, honeymoon, birthday, or planning a weekend getaway, we offer a variety of romance retreat packages that will make your stay even more memorable.
When you stay in any of our luxurious guest rooms, like our Wilderness Retreat King Room, you and yours will always enjoy top notch service and countless special amenities. If you are ready to plan your next romantic getaway, check our availability and book your stay today! We can’t wait to welcome you to Livermore Wine Country!
Remember to download your free Livermore Valley Vacation Guide to find more romantic ideas for dates near San Francisco!