It doesn’t matter the time or the season, love is always in the air when you’re in East Bay! Whether it is a picturesque picnic for two, an exciting night filled with dancing, or a quiet Sunday brunch, the options are endless! Read on to discover 11 fun and unique ideas for dates in East Bay.
Any place can be romantic when you’re with your sweetheart, but the Bay Area knows romance better than anyone. Below you will find a list of 11 fun date ideas in the East Bay, but if you are looking for more inspiration, download our free Livermore Wine Country Vacation Guide. Our guide is full of recommendations on wineries, restaurants, parks, and fun things to do in the Bay Area!
11 Fun East Bay Date Ideas
First Date Ideas
If you are planning a first date, you’ll want to do something fun to help break the ice. Here are a few ideas that are perfect for first dates!
- Catch a baseball game with The Oakland A’s at the Oakland Alameda Coliseum.
- Hold hands and skate the night away at The Golden Skate.
- Enjoy a night of laughter with a comedy show at Sanctuary Ultra Lounge.
- Make a trip to the Oakland Zoo.
A fun date shouldn’t mean breaking the bank. After all, the best things in life are free! Here are four ideas for affordable and special East Bay dates.
- Watch a free movie under the stars during the summer at Jack London Square.
- Take a hike through the Redwood Regional Park.
- Have a picturesque picnic at Lakeside Park in Oakland.
- Enjoy a relaxing afternoon surrounded by local flora and fauna at the Ruth Bancroft Garden & Nursery in Walnut Creek.
When it comes to keeping the spark alive, sometimes you just need to try something new. Here are three unique East Bay dates that guarantee to impress!
- Tour the chocolate factory and enjoy a tasting at Oakland Chocolate Company, or perhaps an ice cream factory tour at Rockridge is more your style!
- Soar with a hot air balloon ride with Soaring Sports.
- Take a shot at glassblowing at The Crucible and bring home your own piece of unique artwork!
Plan a Romantic Bay Area Getaway
Nestled amongst 21 acres of olive orchards in Livermore Valley, The Purple Orchid Resort & Spa is perfect for a romantic weekend getaway. Located just an hour outside of East Bay, you won’t need to travel far to experience the best of what the Bay Area offers. Our resort is less than five miles from the historic downtown Livermore and is only moments away from over 50 wineries in one of California’s oldest wine regions.
When you book any of our elegant accommodations, like our Grand Champion King Room, you can always look forward to the best amenities, packages, and top-notch service. Hot-plated breakfast, access to our luxurious pool, and a complimentary wine hour are always included with your stay! When you are ready to plan your romantic getaway, check our availability and book your stay. We can’t wait to welcome you to Livermore Wine Country!
Are you looking for more fun date ideas near East Bay? Read our blog on 15 romantic date ideas near San Francisco!